An Introduction to Business Resilience for SMEs
24th October @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Businesses in the Northamptonshire are invited to a free business resilience workshop on 24th October 2017, which is organised and facilitated by Northamptonshire Growth Hub in partnership with BHIB Insurance Brockers and Aviva.
Business resilience is the ability of a business to successfully adapt to interruptions such as severe weather or fire; a resilient business should be able to continue their business operations even when faced with a significant event.
Are you or your business prepared to confront any major threats?
By the end of the event you will be able to:
- Explain the function of the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and the methods that can be used to implement a BIA
- Describe the 3 levels of an incident response structure
- Analyse the importance of exercising business continuity plans
- Evaluate methods for embedding business resilience within your business
- What is incident management?
- What is business continuity?
- How do I do incident management?
- How do I do business continuity?
There are many benefits to becoming more resilient, including:
- Improved goods and services
- Protecting existing customer base
- Increased process efficiency
- Costs cut and profit increased
- Legal compliance
- Lowered insurance premiums
- Trust from customers, suppliers, stakeholders, staff and management
- Greater understanding of wider business operation
- Ability to continue trading with minimum disruption in the event of an incident
Please note that if you book on Northamptonshire Growth Hub events and fail to attend on two occasions without letting us know, we reserve the right to refuse to accept bookings from your business in the future.