The Growth Hub offers grant funding for small to medium sized Northamptonshire businesses who wish to start a business or accelerate growth and drive job creation under the Ready2Grow project.
This project is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and runs until March 2019.The funding applies for eligible SMEs who have registered to participate in the Ready2Grow project and who have undergone a diagnostic with a Business Adviser.
There are two types of grants available under the Ready2Grow project:
- Start-up Grants; and
- Business Support Grants;
Is my business eligible?
- There are a number of eligibility requirements for obtaining Ready2Grow funding. You must be:
- a small or medium sized enterprise (less than 250 employees – group structures will be taken into account);
- based or trading in Northamptonshire; and
- not selling more than 50% of your products directly to consumers;
You must not be trading any of the following areas:
- Fishery and aquaculture;
- agricultural production;
- processing or marketing of coal, steel and shipbuilding;
- general education;
- banking and insurance;
- medical and construction;
- hotels and accommodation; or
- retail (N.B retail businesses may apply for revenue funding only).
How can I apply for funding?
First of all you’ll need to register your interest in the Ready2Grow project by calling us on 01604 212696 or emailing us at R2G@northamptonshiregrowthhub.co.uk
Following an eligibility check, we’ll invite you to sign up to the project and then a Business Adviser will arrange an in-depth diagnostic to assess your business’ stage of development and growth potential.
The adviser will then discuss the best options for your business, which may be attendance at a series of skills-focused workshops, or a grant application. Each grant has its own application forms and assessment process.
We will be happy to discuss these with you when you have joined the project.