- This event has passed.
Investment for Innovation
6th September @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Are you looking for possible funding opportunities to kick-start your business or to power its growth? Do you need to get to grips with what’s involved and the implications for you and your business?Do you want to be confident that your business is fit for funding?
This workshop will look at the options available for investing in innovation and what a business can do to ensure that it is ‘investment ready’.
- Financial business planning, what is required and why
- Introduction to different types of finance, e.g.
- Equity, e.g. business angel network
- Proof of concept (Midlands Engine Investment Fund)
- Grants, e.g. through the project, Innovate UK
- Investment readiness – what does the business need to do/have in place to ensure that it ready for investment including preparing the business case, presentations.
- Resource implications of managing investment
Book your place here
This workshop will be presented by Russell Copley. Russell is an experienced business funding advisor, having helped dozens of businesses to raise growth funding through grants, loans and business equity.
In the past 12 months alone he has helped several clients to raise finance through Start-Up Loans; supported over £250,000 of fund raising through Funding Circle; helped one client through the ordeals of TV’s Dragons Den; secured over £200,000 of business equity investment and nearly £1m of commercial loan finance. Russell’s experience in helping businesses to become “investment ready” has led to him being appointed to the new Regional Advisory Board for the Midlands Engine Investment Fund.
“Russell’s experience and relaxed delivery style have helped our business clients to pitch confidently and successfully in front of regional investors…” – Julia Millea, Y Accelerator Programme
“I really feel like I know what my growth funding options are now. He has helped us to secure £50,000 of funding to kick-start our development.” – Kevin Heppell, Education Identity Limited
“We could not have pitched on Dragons Den without Russell’s support, advice and hand-holding” – Paula Short, Beauty Boulevard
“Russell’s pitching workshops are insightful, engaging and inspiring. He has made such a difference to our businesses’ chances of success” – Rachel Panther, Oxford Innovation
We hope that you will take this opportunity to join us at what is sure to be an interesting event.
This workshop is part of the Innovate Northamptonshire project which is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and aims to promote research and innovation within small and medium sized enterprises across Northamptonshire.
To be eligible to attend this workshop companies must:
– Be registered or trade from a Northamptonshire address
– Be an SME (less than 250 employees and less than £42 mil turnover)