The Innovate Northamptonshire project aims to promote research and innovation within the small and medium sized enterprises across Northamptonshire.
Running until March 2019, the project offers a combination of workshops, advice, demonstrator visits and financial assistance depending upon the innovation need of each SME.
There are many reasons to introduce innovation into your business, whether it’s achieving cost savings through streamlined processes, being able to offer a new product or service to your customers or introducing something brand new to the market to give you that competitive edge.
However as an SME it’s often difficult to know where to start and who to go to for expert advice. Innovate Northamptonshire aims to provide you with the support you need to help you identify the growth potential of your business, develop an innovation action plan and seek the expert advice or financial assistance required to take your plan forward.
The project will support SMEs across the county with a particular focus on the four key sectors:
- High performance technologies;
- agri-tech including food and drink;
- creative; and
- cultural industries and logistics.
As a participant in Innovate Northamptonshire you will have access to:
- A series of four half-day workshops designed to address the key building blocks of innovation;
- ongoing adviser support for the duration of the project and specifically to support the development of an innovation plan; and
- a tailored package of support for each business including, where appropriate, grant or voucher funding to enable expert collaboration.
Workshops will be available from Autumn 2017. Delegates will be expected to attend a minimum of three workshops before advancing to develop their Innovation Plan with their Business Adviser.
These workshops will cover the following topics:
- Managing Intellectual Property in your business;
- investment for innovation;
- creating a culture of innovation;
- innovation in products, processes and supply chain.
Please see our events section for more details.
We have also arranged a series of demonstrator visits to encourage innovation and share best practice. These commence in Autumn 2017. Visits already confirmed include:
- Warwick Manufacturing Group;
- Pallite; and
- John Lewis, Milton Keynes
Innovate Northamptonshire is delivered by the Northamptonshire Growth Hub and is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
To register your interest in the project please email us at IN@northamptonshiregrowthhub.co.uk.